Options for Fighting Your SSD Denial

If you received a denial after applying for SSD, it may be for reconcilable reasons. In such cases, you have a couple of choices for fighting your denial.


The appeal process tends to be the more successful means for getting a new determination for an SSD claim. With an appeal, a local court reviews the submission to make a new decision. Local courts tend to be more apt to approve SSD claims.

New claim

With a new claim, you start the whole process again, which can be time-consuming but may be necessary for some situations. In many cases individuals make an accidental error, such as not providing certain information, that results in the denial.

With a new claim, you are able to submit documentation and evidence to support your case further. However, if all of your information was correct in the first submission, a new claim will likely receive the same determination.


For those who may be questioning which option is best, consulting with an attorney experienced in SSD law may be beneficial. An attorney can bring insight and clarity on the reason for denial, as well as the process for rectifying it.

Filing an appeal or a new claim are the only options. Choosing which path to take is a crucial decision, and it is important to have all relevant information. Review the appeals process, as well as applicable laws of the state, so you can make an educated decision.

Memberships & Awards

These are organizations that have recognized our firm and individual attorneys for excellence.

Clients Testimonials

We love sharing our client's success stories.

Wonderful law firm that cares

I was injured in a terrible fall which left my foot, arm back and knee badly bruised. The Dozier Law Firm was awesome. Attorney Dustin Hamilton reviewed and accepted my case and within a few months he was able to settle my case for more than I ever imagine. The Dozier Law Firm is A+ in my book.

Ms. T. B.

Reach out today with a phone call or email and we'll be in touch right away.


How Can We Help You?